This advanced trinocular polarizing microscope system is an advanced microscope system specially designed for petrographic applications and includes a super speed 18MP USB 3.0 digital microscope camera. It has two light sources: a 20W halogen Kohler transmitted light and a 50W EPI reflected halogen illuminator. The trinocular head inclines at 45-degrees and is 360-degree rotatable. The microscope assembly includes a bertrand lens for special polarized light analysis and a built in 1.25x auxiliary objective in the light path, further increasing the power of the microscope. The microscope offers five magnification settings with its included objectives and eyepieces, which are 50X, 125X, 312.5X, 500X, and 787.5X. Each of the four objective mounts offers centering adjustment. The circular stage is rotatable and accurate to 0.1 degrees using the vernier scale. The kit also includes many accessories for analysis and operation, such as a blue light filter for transmitted light, a green light filter for reflected light, three extra eyepieces with various reticles for counting, centering, or measurement, a mechanical stage attachment, and polarizing compensators for use with the Bertrand lens. The digital camera captures still microscope images, streams live video preview to your computer, and is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux (see below for version information). The 0.5X reduction lens included gives your computer screen a wider field of view. The user-friendly software for Windows offers advanced features including Stitching, EDF (Extended Depth of Focus), video recording, and measurement functions. Live video and still image capture can be set in different resolutions simultaneously. This is a perfect microscopy system for mineral applications. It is an ideal instrument for those in mineralogy and/or geology areas.
- Total magnification: 50X – 125X – 312.5X – 500X – 787.5X; Head: Trinocular, 45 degrees inclined 360 degrees rotatable, interpupillary adjustable, diopter rings on both ocular tubes; Eyepieces: 10X (a pair of regular, and one with reticles, one with crosshair, and one with grids); Nosepieces: Quadruple, objective center adjustable; Objectives: DIN strain free achromatic – 4X/0.10; 10X/0.25; 25X/0.40; 40X/0.65; 63X/0.85; Plan 25X/0.40; Plan 40X/0.65; Plan 63X/0.85
- NA1.30 Abbe Condenser with iris diaphragm, condenser center adjustable, top lens can be swing out of the light path; Stage: – Circular, diameter 160 mm – Rotatable, with 360degrees; angle graduations and a vernier scale, accurate to 0.1degrees – Mechanical specimen holder: range 32mm x 27mm, removable; Polarizer – For transmitted light: mounted beneath the condenser, rotatable; angle graduations – For reflected light: fixed in the tube of EPI light path
- Analyzer: Slide in and out of the light path, 0 degrees – 90 degrees; graduation; Bertrand lens: Switch in and out of the light path, center adjustable, focus adjustable; Compensators – Quarter-wave plate (1/4 lambda plate) – Tint plate (1 lambda plate) – Quartz wedge (Q plate); Focus adjustment: Coaxial coarse and fine adjusting knobs on both sides
- Illumination – Transmitted light: Halogen lamp, brightness adjustable, 12V/20W – Reflected light: Halogen lamp, brightness adjustable, 12V/50W; Filters – Blue (for transmitted light) – Green (for reflected light); Power supply: 90V – 265V, 50Hz/60Hz
- Digital camera: – true color 4912×3684 pixels (18M pixels) – Super speed USB 3.0 connection – 0.5X reduction lens to get larger field of view – 0.01 mm calibration slide: 1mm/100 division – Frame speed: 5.6fps at 4912×3684, 18.1fps at 2456×1842, 32.2fps at 1228×922 – Software compatible with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems – Capturing microscope images, recording live video, measuring lengths, angles, areas, editing images – USB3 cable included